KD's Rolls

*From KD Taylor

These rolls are so very soft and fluffy on the inside! My kids always declare that they are their favorite rolls every time that I make them.

This recipe makes about 45-50 rolls. It's a lot. That is great if you are having a large family function. But if you are not, here are some of the things I have done. I make a couple pans of rolls for my family, and then save the rest of the dough for making Navajo tacos the next night! Or, I have even given the extra dough to some elderly couples in my neighborhood so they can whip up some homemade rolls for dinner that night! They love it and I am pretty sure it is because they just don't spend their time anymore making homemade anything! Just some ideas. You can do as you please!

Ingredients:
1 Tbs yeast
1 Tbs sugar
1/2 C. warm water

-Mix together and let sit 5-8 min

In small saucepan
1 C. milk
1/2 C. margarine

-Melt together BUT do not boil.

In a large mixer or bowl
3 eggs
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. sugar

-Mix together and let sit while milk and margarine cool slightly.

Directions:
1. When butter and milk is all melted and slightly cooled, slowly add it to the egg mixture in your mixing bowl until it is luke warm.
2. Add the yeast mixture as well. Mix well.
3. Add 5 1/2 -6 C. flour. Dough should be slightly sticky.


4. Let rise until double in size.


Roll out dough on a lightly floured work station. I use a cup to cut my dough into small round circles.


Take each circle and fold it in half like a clam. Place it on a baking sheet that is either lined with a non-stick pad (like a Silpat), or generously spray your pan with a non-stick cooking spray. We don't want our rolls sticking!!! Give each roll a little room and let them sit for one more hour until doubled in size again!


5. Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins.

Comments