Pork Kabobs


*recipe found on food.com

This is such a delicious marinade recipe.  And it makes a ton!  I used the marinade on a pork roast that I cut up into small pieces to make kabobs, but the marinade could also be used for beef, lamb, or chicken as well.  My family really loved the flavor of this marinade.  It is a keeper!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups oil
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce (can use low-sodium)
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt(or to taste I use seasoned salt)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
  • 1/2 cup wine vinegar
  • 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste, I use lots!)
  • 1/3 cup store-bought teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey (do NOT use any substitutions use only honey)
  • 2 small green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions: 
  1. Put all ingredients (except the green onions) into a blender.
  2. Blend for 30-40 seconds.
  3. Mix in the green onions. (This recipe makes 3-1/2 cups of marinade, which is a lot, but any extra marinade may be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered in a glass container for up to 3 weeks.)
  4. Put your meat in a large Ziplock bag, and marinate your beef, pork or lamb for 8 hours (or up to 24 hours. Chicken up to 8 hours).  In this recipe, I used a pork loin. 
  5. To remove the pork from the marinade, I chose to pour my meat into a strainer, letting the marinade escape down the drain.  It worked quite nicely I thought!  But if you chose to do this...make sure to remember to sanitize your sink afterward.
6. Skewer your pork (or other meat) onto metal or wooden skewers. 

 7. Grill until nicely browned and your meat is cooked completely on the inside!

Comments