Pizza Roll-Ups

Ingredients:
1 loaf of Rhodes white bread dough (defrosted and raised...this takes a few hours)
1 can pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese - shredded
Toppings of choice (mine are pepperoni and black olives)

Directions:
1. Roll out bread dough onto a floured surface into the shape of a large rectangle.
2. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on top of dough. You don't want too much sauce or it will make it more difficult and messy! A little goes a long way. I brush it on thinly with a pastry brush.
3. Layer toppings onto dough. You may want to chop toppings extra small. Pepperonis are fine to leave as is. But I used chopped black olives to make it easier.
4. Top everything with mozzarella cheese. As much as you like!

5. Roll up dough lengthwise into a long cylinder like you're making cinnamon rolls!
6. Cut dough with a sharp knife or use a string to cut dough into individual pizzas.
7. Place onto a greased cookie sheet! I use foil just so I don't have to wash my cookie sheets afterward. But you don't need to use foil if you don't want to.

8. Let individual pizzas raise in the oven (or any warm spot) for a few hours. They will about double in size!

9. Cook @ 350 until golden brown and cheese is melted. About 20 mins.
10. Enjoy!!! They're delicious and the kids love them!

Comments