*Recipe by Our Best Bites
-2 chicken breasts
-Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze (or Teriyaki Sauce)
-2 stalks celery, finely chopped (optional...my family dislikes celery so I leave it out)
-1/3 C sliced green onions, chopped (also optional...I use it if I have them on hand)
-1/4 c. sliced almonds, toasted
-1 small can of Mandarin oranges, drained (or 1 mango, cut into small bites)
1 small can pineapple tidbits OR roughly-chopped chunks
1/3-1/2 c. light mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
Croissants or pitas
Lettuce leaves
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours. Grill. While chicken is grilling, combine celery and green onions in a small mixing bowl or a plastic storage container with a lid. When chicken is done, allow to stand for about 10 minutes and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with celery and onions and then add mayonnaise and mix thoroughly. Start with 1/3 c. and go from there. Add 2-3 (or more) tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce to taste. The thickness of the Kikkoman Baste and Glaze is important because it helps keep the dressing from becoming too runny. You want to add some of the yummy Teriyaki flavor, but you also don’t want it to be overwhelming. Refrigerate for several hours.
Mix and refrigerate!
Right before serving, add oranges (or mango), pineapple, and nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may need to add more mayo and/or Teriyaki–if you need it, go for it! Serve on a lettuce leaf in a croissant or a pita (or by itself if you feel the urge!)
Diced Mango (I always have canned oranges on hand, so I use those instead)
Pineapple tidbits, drained and dried on towel
Roasted almonds
Mix the magic together! Serve on croissants.







Comments