Buttercream Frosting


*from mybakingaddiction.com

This recipe frosted 3 dozen cupcakes...with a little bit left over!



I also used it for this amazingly delicious, two layer chocolate and strawberry cake.  By far the best cake I have ever made!  The chocolate, paired with the buttercream and strawberries was a mix that can't be beat. 

Ingredients:
4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
pinch of fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract (I just used regular vanilla extract)
2 pounds confectioners’ sugar, sifted
4-6 tablespoons heavy cream or milk

Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Slowly add in confectioner’s sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
2. Add salt, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add an additional 1 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk until you reach the desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.

Comments